Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Twitter and Me

When we were first told in class that we would be using twitter, I was really surprised. When I think about twitter I think about Will Ferrell parody accounts, teenagers trying to be witty, and the constant struggle of trying to gain more followers. In the classroom, however, I learned it can be very valuable while I am continuing my education and when I am a teacher. Following people that are in the history field on twitter is beneficial because I can see what the professionals are using in their classrooms and how I could apply it to my own homework or in my own classroom. I also like how you can search a hashtag such as #historyteacher and twitter can directly connect you to anyone who mentioned that they are a history teacher in their mini bio or in any tweets. I am already used to twitter so I have not really had any problems when using it. I really like using twitter in the classroom and I think I will continuing using it throughout my teaching career. 

No comments:

Post a Comment