Wednesday, January 30, 2013

All About Me

 Hi! I'm Kara Matteo, a freshman at Edinboro University studying secondary social studies education. I will hopefully one day become a high school history teacher. My main focus is on the late 19th and 20th century, and I especially love the 50s-80s time era. I have always been fascinated with this time frame, even when I was a little girl. I am proud to be attending a renowned teaching university where my life goal of becoming a teacher can become a reality.
  Throughout my life and professional career, I also would love to learn Spanish. I took four years in high school and can understand it pretty well. However, I cannot speak it as well as I would like to be able to. A huge dream I have is to be able to learn Spanish and travel to Hispanic countries before settling into a school in Florida where I can teach ESL students American History in their own native language.
  When I am a teacher, I believe that technology will be an even greater aid to the classroom than it already is today. Computers, tablets, and projectors are all such valuable tools already to me as a student. Technology like iPads in the classroom make learning easier and more fun for both the students and teachers. I want to be able to properly use all of these tools to their full potential in my own classroom and have my history notes be entertaining and easy to learn from. Technology has helped so much and I cannot wait to become a teacher and explore all of my technological options.

3 comments:

  1. I totally dig some of the same time eras as you so thats awesome. Because you're so into that are some of your views on teaching older school due to you fasination with older time eras?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that teaching in spanish speaking countries would be an awesome experience and that those experiences would be something that you could use if you came back a taught in the states.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome that you wanting to take what you learn and use it to help other countrys.

    ReplyDelete